Accredited Exercise Physiologists are allied health professionals, providing exercise and lifestyle therapies for the prevention and management of chronic disease, injury and disability.
Accredited exercise physiologists (AEPs) hold a four-year university degree and are allied health professionals who specialise in the delivery of exercise for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries. AEPs provide support for clients with conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, obesity, mental health problems, cancer, arthritis, pulmonary disease and more. AEPs are recognised by Medicare and most private health insurers. They are also eligible to register with the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and WorkCover.
Working in close liaison with our Physiotherapy team, our Exercise Physiologists can help you:
- overcome persisting pain caused by injury or overuse
- improve your heart health
- rehabilitate following a cardiac event
- control your diabetes
- prevent pre-diabetes from progressing to full diabetes
- improve your recovery following cancer treatment
- improve your general health and wellbeing.
- improve sports performance